The Second Shift

I love teaching! But some weeks it is hard to be a teacher. Last week, I spent two hours after school meeting about planning for RTI, had an IEP meeting, and countless other things. Then, I came home to this....

"Mommy, we didn't do art in school. I need to paint a rainbow." All I could think of was that it's almost six, I have no idea what's for dinner and I'm exhausted. But, cheerfully, I replied, "Let's get started."


Some days, it is hard.  I know, I should be spending more time relaxing with my little one but all I can think of is how to improve a lesson or what is needed for tomorrow.  How do you find balance between teaching and home?  Any suggestions?

Happy Teaching and Learning!

1 comment

  1. I'm in the same boat. I feel like I live and breath school, students, IEPs, lesson planning, etc. Good for you that you stopped and made a rainbow. I need to remember to do this more often.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top