January Sensory Tub

I love sensory tubs!
Each month I make a new sensory tub especially for my children with special needs.  I love how I can take things from just around the classroom and turn them into functional items for children.  This month's tub includes: pom poms, pillow stuffing (left over from making our scarecrow) and Oriental Trading erasers.  

It has been teacher tested and approved!  It is very relaxing running your hands through the tub.  Great after a stressful day!  My child with special needs loves to run their hands in the tub.  My student has investigated the items using a small magnifying glass as well as sorted the objects.  It is most often used during Break Time.

If you would like to learn more about sensory integration, I recommend these books
The Out-of-Sync Child: Recognizing and Coping with Sensory Processing Disorder, Revised EditionThe Out-of-Sync Child Has Fun, Revised Edition: Activities for Kids with Sensory Processing Disorder

and this wonderful blog.

Happy Teaching and Learning!

 

No comments

Back to Top