My #EduStory

Recently, I came across the hashtag - #EduStory on Twitter which challenges participants to reflect on a variety of topics.  

I've decided to share my #EduStory.  

This blog is my way to record my reflections as a teacher.  Teaching is a difficult job.  There are ups and downs.  But along the way, there are many awe inspiring moments.  It is in those moments that I understand why I became a teacher.  

As a child, school was my safe haven. It was a place where I escaped my difficult childhood. It was the connections that I made with my teachers that made me yearn to be like them.  

I am a firm believer that education is a gift that lasts a lifetime; it's the tagline of my blog.  I have been blessed with an education through school but also the lifelong lessons that I have encountered over the years as a child, student, wife, teacher and now, mother.  

I have always taught at schools with a diverse student population with limited or low income including many second language learners.  I do not see this as a challenge but as a blessing.  

Source

My hope is that I touch the life of one child or perhaps, many, who will believe in themselves and to know that hard work does matter.  It may not be easy but it is worth it.  In the meantime, I will keep on teaching, reflecting, and refining my teaching practices.  Along the way, I hope to record my journey for myself but also with you.  

What's your #EduStory? Share your story.




No comments

Back to Top