13 in '13

I can't believe that another year is over.  I am linking up with some wonderful teacher bloggers for



Most of my wardrobe consists of black and an occasional pop of color.  Black goes with everything!



One of my favorite outfits is similar to this and can be worn with tights or leggings.  My favorite places to shop are Target, Kohl's and Ann Taylor Loft.  




I don't go to movies often but if I do it is always a family movie.  I loved this one.





Thursday is my favorite night of television. Never mind the fact that it is so hard to stay up late!  I began watching in the middle of last season and now, I am addicted to this show.


Other favorites include Parenthood, Grey's Anatomy and Top Chef.





We don't go to many sit down restaurants but if we do, it usually because we are visiting family or going to Disneyland.  I love Thai food and we frequent this OC location.  And, if we are in the area, I will also need a Sonic cherry limeade to make the drive home a little better.



This past school year, I have tried limiting the amount of caffeine I drink. This means no coffee or soda.  I reward myself on the weekends.  I'm not sure it's been my favorite thing but it is something new that I've tried.



Honestly, I have more than I need.  I am lucky to have an amazing husband who supports me and my teaching; that is a gift in itself.  My classroom and I were lucky to have our Donor's Choose project funded for an iPad.  That was amazing!




I love Pinterest and pin all the time. I am not a baker so I was happy to say that I successfully made this.  



I love this blog post because it reminds me of why I teach; kids loving learning and doing it on their own.


Statistically, this was a popular blog post in 2013.  It is a great post on composing and decomposing numbers.


I think my biggest accomplishment has been to help nurture my son's curiosity about learning.  It seems like overnight, he went from an emergent reader to a voracious reader.  He reads everything and everywhere!  



This picture is one of my favorites.  It means summers on the lake in WI where times seems to stand still.

The holidays are a wonderful reminder of the innocence of children.  This is our third year with an Elf on the Shelf but this year it meant more to my little one.  Elfie was able to leave notes which he could read.  Each morning, he awoke to find Elfie and his message or a special treat like a holiday CD or book.  This usually resulted in him write back or whispering thank you to Elfie.  It was a sight to see.  I hope that we can hang on to this for as long as possible.  Kids grow up way to fast; especially if they are yours.



My goal for 2014 is to be the best wife, mother and teacher that I can be.  





CALM

Cheers to 2013!  Looking forward to a new year.

Happy Teaching!

post signature

1 comment

  1. Love your goal for 2014! And Despicable Me had to be my favorite movie too, since having kids I don't get to watch too many "grown up" movies these days! sigh! I'm prepping to link up as well and was wondering who made the headers, I'd like to use them in my post if possible. I saw them on another blog too so I wasn't sure. Thank- you :)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top