It's All About the Details

I think one of the trickiest things about teaching is planning for classroom management and organization.  This is especially true when your audience is five year olds!

I want my kiddos to be as independent as possible as soon as possible.

Here are a few things that I do to help me and them.

First, each child is assigned a number. This saves me time from having to write the child's name on a myriad of supplies and items.



Another thing, I do is to assign each table a shape.  As students complete their assignments, they place their completed work into the "I'm Done" box based on their seating.  Students at each table are responsible for distributing the work at the end of the day to take home.


To save time and arguments at listening center, everything is labeled.

How do you keep your classroom organized? Share your teaching wisdom.


Happy Teaching
post signature

2 comments

Back to Top