Meet the Teacher 2013

I am so excited to join other teachers from around the US and world for Teacher Week.  I am blessed in many ways.













1.   That's me in first grade; the year I knew I would become a teacher.  I keep this photo in my classroom and share "my story" each year with my students.
2.   I'm a child of the 80s and graduated from college in the 90s.  I am a first generation college graduate.  I am still amazed that I did it!  College changed my life forever.
3.  I've been teaching since 1997.  Since then, I've taught with and without standards, looped, team taught and taught kindergarten through third grade.  Regardless, I know it is what I love to do.  
4.  I love children's books and have a large collection both at home and at school.  
5.  This is the first avatar I had when I began blogging three years ago.  Blogging has renewed my passion for teaching and creating.  It has helped me become a better teacher and connected me with wonderful people and resources.  



6.   I did not know about true love until I became a mother.  He is an aspiring chef; really you should hear him talk about food, loves reading and is curious about the world around him.  He is a true teacher's kid and calls himself my assistant.  He's going to first grade and I am thankful that I will be able to see him throughout the day.
7.  I've been married to the love of my life for 8 years.  He is my everything.  (That's all he'll let me show you of him.) He's my best friend.  He loves cooking, photography and Star Wars.
8.  I volunteered here in high school, later worked here as a Museum Education Assistant, and was married in this spot.  I met some of my closest friends here.  It is a place dear to my heart.
9.  As a family we spend our weekends at Disneyland and our summers at the lake in Wisconsin. 
10.  Fall is my favorite season.  We are a Packer family.  Honestly, I don't know much about football. But if it makes my boys happy, it makes me happy.  This year, I am going to try Fantasy Football.  

That's me in a nutshell. I'm a wife, mother, teacher and blogger.   Best wishes to you this school year.


post signature
Stay Connected on FacebookInstagram and Pinterest.



1 comment

  1. Yay for Wisconsin!!! :-) Which lake do you go to? I live in Milwaukee, so I might be familiar with it.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top