Thanksgiving Retell

Click here for your copy. 

My students did such a great job learning about the first Thanksgiving.  They were able to retell the story to their families using their retell necklaces.  I was so proud of them.  To help, I made a simple text version of the Thanksgiving story.  I printed it out and glued onto colored scrapbook paper to match their retell bead.  The visual helped my students tremendously.

We also watched the classic Charlie Brown, The Mayflower Voyage.  You can find it on this DVD or access via YouTube here (Part 1) and here (Part 2).

My little one and me
As Thanksgiving approaches, I am reminded that I have so much to be thankful for this year; my health, loved ones, school family and for the collaboration and learning I have found via blogging.

From my classroom to yours, Happy Thanksgiving!
post signature
P.S. I hope to share more about QR codes this week.

1 comment

  1. Hi Mrs. Parker,
    I was just stopping by to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving!

    Shawna
    The Picture Book Teacher's Edition

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top